- At a rate of 600 words a minute, 24 hours a day, a person could read nearly 27,000,000 words in a month.
- In the month of July 2006, Wikipedia grew by over 30,000,000 words.
- Its 21 million articles have been written collaboratively by volunteers around the world.
- Over 3.9 million in English alone.
- There are editions of Wikipedia in 284 languages.
- It is estimated that Wikipedia receives 2.7 billion monthly pageviews from the United States alone.
- The following tries to illustrate how big the English-language Wikipedia might be if printed and bound in book form. Each volume is assumed to be 25 cm tall, 5 cm thick, and containing 1,600,000 words or 8,000,000 characters. The size of this illustration is based upon the live article count.
For the English Wikipedia